Tony Palmer/Pope Francis video...
Tony Palmer, RIP
Protestant Tony Palmer Receives
Catholic Requiem Mass
Report: Pope Francis Insists he be “Buried as a Bishop”
By John Vennari
“Father David told us that because Tony [Palmer] was not a Roman Catholic he had to ask his bishop’s permission to celebrate the requiem and though Tony’s wife and children are Roman Catholics, permission still had to be given for the requiem. The bishop agreed but said that Tony could not be buried as a bishop as he was not a Roman Catholic bishop. However, Pope Francis said he should and could be buried as a bishop, and so that put an end to that little bit of ecclesiastical nonsense!”
The above was written on August 6 by Michael Daly, CJ, a member of the “non-denominational Franciscan” group called the Companions of Jesus, based in the UK.
Michael Daly attended the Requiem Mass celebrated at St. John the Evangelist Roman Catholic Church in the city of Bath by Canon David Ryan.
Tony Palmer was an evangelical, Pentecostal Episcopalian “bishop” who was a close friend and collaborator with Pope Francis. Palmer was killed in a head-on motorcycle accident on July 20 of this year.
This past February the Catholic world was stunned to see a YouTube video, recorded by Tony Palmer on his iPhone, of Pope Francis in which the Pope calls the protestant Palmer “my brother, a bishop-brother,” and sends a special note of encouragement to a large interfaith Pentecostal gathering sponsored by Kenneth Copeland Ministries.
Palmer is connected to the “Holy Laughter” Toronto Pentecostals run by John and Carol Arnott. The Toronto “Holy Laughter” Pentecostals believe that Holy Ghost manifests Himself by making the Pentecostal bark like a dog, oink like a pig, and roll around on the ground in a “Holy Laughter”. (I’ve been both to the Toronto Pentecostal gathering and I saw the “Holy Laughter” Pentecostals at Celebrate Jesus 2000 conference in June 2000 in St. Louis, MO, sponsored by Franciscan University at Steubenville. It was a horrifying spectacle).
“Bishop” Tony Palmer says in his February video that he has worked closely with Pope John Paul II, Pope Benedict XVI and Pope Francis, all who have encouraged his work as a Protestant Pentecostal preacher. He was especially close with Cardinal Bergoglio, and says that he had even greater access to Bergoglio since his election to the Papacy than when he was Archbishop of Buenos Aires.
Palmer called his work a “convergence movement,” between Protestants and Catholics, but the convergence he envisions is an undefined future unity wherein neither Protestants nor Catholics convert to each other’s denomination. This also appears to be the vision of Pope Francis. click here
- Previous News Links
- Socci Indictment of Francis Pontificate
- Francis Interfaith Video
- 2015 CFN Conference on Apocalypse
- Pius IX's Syllabus of Errors
- Synod to Undermine Natural Law? - Vennari
- Tony Palmer - Requiem Mass
- Radical Synod Planned for October
- SPLC: Seven Habits of Highly Effective Hate Mongers
- Waters: From Slavery to Economic Freedom
- John Vennari on Noah's Naketness
- Tony Palmer - Pope Francis video
- Consecration: It Doesn't Add Up
- Tactics-Homosexual Movement
- Reponse to Sedevacantist
- Common Core
- Orginal Sin of Vatican II
- What Does an Ex-Pope Do in a Media Age
- Pope Benedict to Resign
- CFN Conference 2013
- Paul VI Beatified?
- March for Life 2013
- Vennari Interview - Alta Vendita
- Monks Sung Mass - March for Life
- The Day the Host Dropped
- Three Kings
- Bishop Fellay in Canada Dec 28
- Cardinal Siri Thesis
- Abbot Marmion - Christmas
- Paul VI to be Canonized?
- Koch-Ecumenism At heart of New Evangelization
- Interview: Vatican II, Nothingn to Celebrate
- Nothing Traditional About It
- Celebrating a Catastrophe
- Archbishop Lefebvre Bio
- USCCB-Interreligious Event for Youth
- Novus Ordo and Divine Law
- Modern "Conservative" Activism
- Waters: Function of Civil Authority
- Lefebvre-Christ the King
- Father Gruner - EU
- Hybrid Latin Mass by 2013?
- Ferrara: Continuing Embarrassment of Cardinal Dolan
- Ferrara on Müller Disaster
- Our Lady of Fatima - Valinhos, Aug 19
- Prison Labor
- The Errors of Vatican II - Si Si No No
- Revisted Latin Missal
- Benedict Continues to Praise Assisi
- Lefebvre-Vatican II Rupture
- Muller-Ecumenical Vespers
- Videos: Benedict
- Vatican Synagouge Agreement
- Marriage Equality
- Oath Against Modernism vs Hermeneutic of Continuity
- CFN Media - videos
- Contact Us
- CFN Bookstore
- Oltyn Library Services